1

I have xenial install in Virtualbox with Host Jessie.

Since a few weeks unattended-upgrade is not longer working. As workaround I update over a little "Script".

apt-config dump | egrep -i unatt
APT::Periodic::Unattended-Upgrade "1";
Unattended-Upgrade "";
Unattended-Upgrade::Allowed-Origins "";
Unattended-Upgrade::Allowed-Origins:: "${distro_id}:${distro_codename}";
Unattended-Upgrade::Allowed-Origins:: "${distro_id}:${distro_codename}-security";
Unattended-Upgrade::Allowed-Origins:: "${distro_id}:${distro_codename}-updates";
Unattended-Upgrade::Mail "root";

Status from apt-daily

systemctl -a  | awk '{print $1}' | egrep '^apt' | xargs systemctl status

● apt-daily.service - Daily apt activities
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/apt-daily.service; static; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)
     Docs: man:apt(8)

● apt-daily.timer - Daily apt activities
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/apt-daily.timer; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (waiting) since Mo 2017-05-08 12:48:51 CEST; 57min ago

Mai 08 12:48:51 beelzemon systemd[1]: Started Daily apt activities

apt-daily is running since 12:48 today.

uptime
 13:48:23 up  1:00,  2 users,  load average: 0,02, 0,08, 0,08` show i started my Virtualbox at 13:48. `date
Mo 8. Mai 13:49:36 CEST 2017

But xenial is running ~45min. the same time discrepancy I have on my Host.

Is there a relation to my problem with unattended-upgrades? So I can search in this direction?

I can not post LANG=C unattended-upgrade -d -v --apt-debug I get python-errors and the relevant output is in German.

For sure:

timedatectl status
      Local time: Mo 2017-05-08 14:13:59 CEST
  Universal time: Mo 2017-05-08 12:13:59 UTC
        RTC time: Mo 2017-05-08 12:13:57
       Time zone: Europe/Berlin (CEST, +0200)
 Network time on: yes
NTP synchronized: no
 RTC in local TZ: no` in xenial.

Edit found Bug-Report

I found my Error in 50unattended-upgrades

I tried to resolve why unattended-upgrades not run in the 1. Place. The problem is that apt-daily.service runs before I have Network-Access. Something wrong with apt-daily.timer.

0

In another Forum we found a workaround, with some who had the same problem in yakkety. sudo systemctl edit apt-daily.timer Content

[Unit] After=network-online.target Wants=network-online.target This creates an override under /etc/systemd/system/apt-daily.timer.d/override.conf Today I get a mail from unattended-upgrades. :D

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy