I have setup
ClamAV in my client systems. Unfortunately, all our ports are protected and blocked and we have access to only 2 ports in total.
- Port 1: From this port, we will able to execute Linux commands remotely from server
- Port 2: SFTP port for file transfer.
We are sure we will not be given access for extra ports. So now I am trying to find a way for setting up anti-virus.
- Setup a small apache server
- Setup a Private Local Mirrors
- Download signature / definitions from clamAv mirror
- Get current version from clientX
- Prepare update patch to client
- SFTP the patch database to client machine (location will be ROOT path of localhost server)
- client will be configured for getting updates from localhost server
To achieve this I was just trying to understand how
On that front I notice that after getting
CDIFF it is downloading
daily.cvd, which is about 54MB, which I feel is very high.
Since bandwidth is very limited in my network need some advice on way forward.