I am using kde, I have virtual box running on one virtual desktop, in seamless mode. This works well except that my kde windows can cover, or be hidden by the task bar of the guest (this bar is at the top). Everything from host and guest avoids the host taskbar at the bottom.
I want the guest taskbar (at the top), and host windows to avoid each other. That is host windows to not use top of screen.
Whatever I do to get the host windows to avoid the top, also causes the guest taskbar to avoid the top.
I have tried a few things:
- Guest on top (not what I want).
- Guest on bottom (not what I want).
- I created a blank panel (for this desktop only and put it at the top of the screen), the problem is that the guest panel avoids this area as well, if I could tell virtual box not to avoid it, then it would work fine.
- As above, with windows can cover (this would work, if I could list which windows are allowed to cover. E.g. just virtual box).
I though I got it to work once, but this is because it took a while for the guest to realise. When it did the guest started avoiding as well.
- kde: 4.14.2
- Debian: Jessie
- Virtualbox: 5.0.36 r114008
- Guest: Windows 7 (used for backwards compatibility, with some stuff from work colleagues).