Installation fails with 404 Errors downloading required files. I've seen the same problem addressed with older versions of it. It's possible that I am doing something wrong. Sequence of events goes
- In grub, edit command line, removing blacklist nouveau and appending single at the end.
- In single user mode use telinit 3.
- Log in as root.
- cd to amdgpu-pro* (created from the extraction of amdgpu-pro-16.60-39184.tar)
- ping www.google.com success
- run the executable. Output is normal all the way to the point of listing required downloads and asking for confirmation to begin.
- choosing 'y' to bgin results in a cascade of 404 errors.
- ping www.google.com success Steps are repeatable. Ironically I am replacing a dead NVDIA GTX 970 with an AMD card because I was tired of the driver hassle and many linux users recommend AMD over NVDIA for that and related issues.