I was following this tutorial to the letter and when I entered my domain name in the browser, I get my page. Except the fact that the browser never masks the domain to
www.example.com, instead it changed the domain I just entered and showed me the subfolder preceded by the IP address, for example:
- Installed apache via httpd
- Created sites-enabled and sites-available folders in /etc/httpd
- Created .conf file in sites-available with symbolic link
- Set up permissions to my directories using apache:apache user
- Added "IncludeOptional sites-enabled/*.conf" string to the end of httpd.conf file.
I have not touched the htaccess file as the tutorial doesn't specify anything about it.
My example.com.conf file:
<VirtualHost *:80> ServerName www.example.com ServerAlias example.com DocumentRoot /var/www/example.com/public_html ErrorLog /var/www/example.com/error.log CustomLog /var/www/example.com/requests.log combined </VirtualHost>