This question already has an answer here:
I am currently deploying computers in my client's house.
I am running the following scripts:
- ngrok (an ssh forward tunneling daemon)
- heartbeat.py (a script which sends a heartbeat signal to loggly which confirms my computer is alive)
- metrics.py (a script which logs all the environmental data such as temp, disk space to loggly)
So in my tests so far, metrics.py is somewhat unstable (meaning it crashes occasionally).
Is there a package in *NIX which does the following?
- check every X second on whether a process is running
- if #1 is not true, run it
- Do this for a list of process