I have upgraded my Fedora installation from 24 to 25. Since then, things that were done instantly before sometimes take half a second now. Examples are:
- Switching the workspace in Awesome WM
- Typing something into the terminal (Konsole, fish shell)
- Pasting with the mousewheel (e.g. into Freemind, a Java Mindmap software)
- Starting a new terminal window
- Performing an action in Firefox
I do not quote know where this is coming from. Since it impacts a lot of programs from various toolkits (Qt, GTK, Java), I am not really sure what is going on. This regression is not catastrophic but rather annoying.
My display manager is LightDM, I use Awesome WM and a bunch of KDE programs.
htop does not show anything out of the ordinary. The idle load (Konsole, Firefox, Spotify) is now at around 5%, I remember it to be lower and usually going down to 1%.
How could I diagnose this regressions? Any log that might help?