I have a dedicated server. There's a VNC Server and I can connect to VNC Server with a VNC Client with port 5901 so it takes me to display :1 when I connect there with a VNC Client.
I've read pretty many documents about ssh -L and ssh -R command-line commands, but it's pretty weird, because they have servers and such on their own machines and on their remote machines so I get confused about that where are they even trying to connect and what etc.
- I have dedicated server with VNC Server, Web Server, Game Server and Firewall.
- VNC Server is running and TCP/UDP connection has been enabled only to ports of Web Server, SSH, Game Server.
- I want connect to my VNC Server with my VNC Client (from my own pc), but using a tunneled connection, because people are trying my password too many times or something, because sometimes it says "Too many authentication failures" what a tards they are, because they will never guess the password. Anyways. I have tried similar:
ssh root@DEDICATEDIP -L 5901:DEDICATEDIP:5901 ssh root@DEDICATEDIP -R 5901:DEDICATEDIP:5901
I also tried this one (found from this site): ssh -L 5901:localhost:5901 -p 22 root@DEDICATEDIP
If I write "su" in SSH and I write my root password I can get in with root account, but when it asks my root password on ssh after trying to fill any of these tunneling commands it says the password is wrong and permission denied?
- My PC: PuTTy (SSH Client), VNC Viewer (VNC Client)
- Dedibox: VNC Server, GameServer, Web Server, SSH Server
- 22 - ALLOW - Anywhere
- 22 - ALLOW OUT - Anywhere
VNC Server is running and I can confirm that. If I add 5901 to ALLOW and ALLOW OUT I can simply connect there without a tunneling.
- (My PC) Open PuTTY
(My PC) PuTTY Configuration -> Connection -> SSH -> Tunnels
- Source port 
- Destination [163.xxx.xxx.xxx:5901]
Now PuTTY shows "Forwarded ports: " -> "L5902 163.xxx.xxx.xxx:5901"
- I connect to server with SSH including the Tunnel settings I've configured now.
- I type "su" and I submit my root password.
- root@MyBox: /home/sysadmin# (sysadmin is normal user for my box)
- I type: "ssh root@IP_OF_DEDI -L 127.0.0.1:5902:127.0.0.1:5901"
- VNC Client keeps connecting for a while. Like (15 seconds) and says: "The connection was refused by the computer"