I'm trying to set up PXE boot with an ubuntu client.
- Created the dhcp-boot on my tomato router
- Added a tftp daemon on my FreeNas box
- Added a NFS mount on my FreeNas box
- Debootstrapped Ubuntu 11.10 to the NFS mount
- I've generated the vmlinuz and initrd from the debootstrap image and copied them to the tftp root.
- Created a pxelinux.cfg/default file in the tftp root
APPEND root=/dev/nfs initrd=initrd.img-3.0.0-16-generic netboot=nfs nfsroot=192.168.1.160:/mnt/media/thinclient/base,nolock,ro ip=dhcp init=/linuxrc
While booting my node/client it loads the vmlinux and initrd but "panics" while trying to load /sbin/init:
I looked with tcpdump if the process is accessing my nfs server and I see data passing. Also, if I remove /proc or /dev from the image on my nfs server the node complains that it's missing the /dev and/or /proc directory.
I've also tried passing init=/bin/bash but that threw the same kind of error.
Why is my node throwing the
run-init: /sbin/init: no such file or directory error?