I am running Debian 8 on my desktop, Xfce - If that matters?
My issue; New Logitech wireless keyboard, I hit the Mute button,the sound goes off, Almost automatically hit it again but the music doesn't come back on.
Almost like I hit the key to hard and it killed the sound for good Lol.
- I have rebooted. Still no good.
- I plugged old keyboard in and tried muting un-muting.
- Have tried root & user accounts. No sound.
- Have tried another set of head phones.
- Have tried different media players and files.
- Have looked at my devices to make sure it still exists in
lspci. It does.
- The mute/un-mute graphic works/changes and I can raise and lower the volume bar graphically also.
- Have tried the
alsamixerfrom terminal, sound devices listed but no good either.
Any ideas or help would be lovely, I'm looking at a reinstall otherwise right ?