Condition: unstable caret-cursor and its position
Other complications: many enter-artifacts, much lost content because sudden selections of contents and overwrites, often ctrl+z does not work etc in Google Product Forums so much lost work time; my typing speed in Debian now: 10-30 WPM; normally, 80-95 WPM long-term with Dvorak
- configurating Keyboard > Typing in Fig. 1 cannot solve the artifacts so there must be something internal going on; possible related to, touchpad/...
- keybooard-layout independent - occurs in Qwerty and Dvorak
- no firmware errors -
dmesg |grep firmwarereturns no relevant errors/warnings
- keyboard-independent - problems occur with an external keyboard too
I had to do about two corrections every sentence because of abnormal typing configuration. I think I am not touching the touchpad neither by accident. I think I have much more typing artifacts now than with Ubuntu 16.04.
Fig. 1 Options which I change to find optimal configuration but not sufficient and something internal must be going on
- I purged already
xserver-xorg-video-intelbecause many bugs so using
Backported Linux kernel (4.6) and Skylake CPU support and firmware installed (thread How Smooth is Upgrading Linux kernel in Debian 8.5?)
apt-get -t jessie-backports install linux-image-amd64
apt-get -t jessie-backports install firmware-misc-nonfree
Installed wifi firmware
apt-get -t jessie-backports install firmware-iwlwifi
- Some missing firmware because no firmware errors, severe problem and the setting Keyboard > Typing
- Insufficient Skylake support in Linux kernel 4.6? I will exclude this thing by trying 4.7. - - I think CPU graphic can affect cursor's location, which stability seems to be the main problem here.
Hardware: Asus Zenbook UX303UA
Debian: 8.5 64 bit
Linux kernel: 4.6 backported
Keyboard layout: Qwerty, Dvorak, ...