I'm working on an embedded system these days. It's needed to power off without the proper shutdown. We are thinking about Aufs like read-only file system. But the problem is there are some updatable data in the application as well as the user is allowed to change IP,date time etc. So, System needs an extra R/W partition.
I have several questions to clarify.
- How can we protect system corruption on sudden power failure?
- I want to know, what is the best filesystem for embedded system like this?
- Is ext3/ext4 like journal file system can be auto-recovered an incomplete file to back one always?
- Is BTRFS in RAID1 the best solution at the moment?
- Is there any other widely using solution in embedded systems for avoiding system corruption?