I'm a new linux user. I just installed Linux Mint Cinnamon 18 as my sole OS last weekend.
My lock screen is frozen at least once a day. I see a clock and a prompt to enter password. No keys work though. Best solution would be to prevent this at all.
Things I've tried that didn't work
ALT-F1 and/or ALT-F2 to access terminal and enter password (the
terminal doesn't even come up)
- ASUS Q502LA-BBI5T14 (It's on Amazon)
- Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit
- Cinnamon Version 3.0.7
- Linux Kernel 4.4.0-31-generic
- Intel i5-4210U @ 1.7GHz x 2
- Memory 7.7GB
- Graphics Card Intel Haswell-ULT INtegrated Graphics Controller