I am using akmods from RPMFusion for VirtualBox. The packages listed by
rpm -qa are:
kmod-VirtualBox-4.6.4-301.fc24.x86_64-5.0.24-1.fc24.x86_64 VirtualBox-5.0.24-1.fc24.x86_64 VirtualBox-kmodsrc-5.0.24-1.fc24.x86_64 akmod-VirtualBox-5.0.24-1.fc24.x86_64
Further, the modules are built and located in the correct directory:
vboxguest, etc. I can manually load the modules with
modprobe and it displays with
filename: /lib/modules/4.6.4-301.fc24.x86_64/extra/VirtualBox/vboxdrv.ko version: 5.0.24_RPMFusion r108355 (0x00240000) license: GPL description: Oracle VM VirtualBox Support Driver author: Oracle Corporation srcversion: 0D9059DC39F24CF9E36EA61 depends: vermagic: 4.6.4-301.fc24.x86_64 SMP mod_unload parm: force_async_tsc:force the asynchronous TSC mode (int
The problem is that it will not load via
● systemd-modules-load.service - Load Kernel Modules Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-modules-load.service; static; vendor preset: disabled) Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2016-07-24 16:09:50 EDT; 5s ago Docs: man:systemd-modules-load.service(8) man:modules-load.d(5) Process: 3961 ExecStart=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-modules-load (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE) Main PID: 3961 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
journalctl _PID=3961 shows:
Failed to insert 'vboxdrv': Operation not permitted
And so on and so forth.
I've tried everything on the Internet but they don't seem to be related to my problem:
- The old modules are not being loaded
- They are not located in my initramfs
- I will not switch to Oracle's repo because that's missing the point
- I will not use DKMS because that's missing the point, and doesn't do anything by itself since RPMFusion doesn't do DKMS
- I do not have SecureBoot. My motherboard does not even support it.
Checking kmods exist for 4.6.4-301.fc24.x86_64 [ OK ]and that's it.
depmods -aruns and looks like it's doing something but doesn't solve my problem.
- I have completely wiped the packages and reinstalled them, but it doesn't fix the problem.
/var/cache/akmodsshow that the modules are being built against the correct kernel module as demonstrated anyways, so I'm convinced the problem is related to
My NVIDIA kernel module is loading just fine.
It may or may not be related but shutdown takes forever. If I hit F12, I see "Running stop job for Building.. akmods service" and it takes a 1 minute and 30 seconds before my computer shuts off.
systemd-analyze critical-chain shows thjat most of the time is spent in
systemd-user-sessions.service @35.189s +178ms.
systemd-analyze blame shows
I've checked RedHat bug reports and have not been able to decipher them. Please try to avoid giving common solutions found in forums on the Internet because rest assured, I've tried them.