I'm using i3wm, after an update, I run into a locale problem that doesn't let me run
I had a major advance on this issue. Reconfigure locale on
/etc/locale.gen and also on
/etc/default/locale, and now when I run i3status as root, it works, but when I start the system (as my user), it throw
status_command process exited unexpectedly.
I tried to give those files full permission
(777), but id doesn't work neither.
I know that the problem is almost fixed, until I run
dpkg-reconfigure locales, as soon as I opened a terminal, before the prompt it said
Could not set locale. Please make sure all your LC_* / LANG settings are correct.
Now I only have this error when I try to run
i3status. Any ideas about how can I recover i3wm from this issue?
When I type locale as root the file shows:
LANG=en_US.UTF-8 LANGUAGE=en_US.UTF-8 LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8" LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8" LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8" LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8" LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8" LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8" LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8" LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8" LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8" LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8" LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8" LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8" LC_ALL=
When I run it as my user it doesn't have LANGUAGE variable set:
LANG=es_US.utf8 LANGUAGE= LC_CTYPE="es_US.utf8" LC_NUMERIC="es_US.utf8" LC_TIME="es_US.utf8" LC_COLLATE="es_US.utf8" LC_MONETARY="es_US.utf8" LC_MESSAGES="es_US.utf8" LC_PAPER="es_US.utf8" LC_NAME="es_US.utf8" LC_ADDRESS="es_US.utf8" LC_TELEPHONE="es_US.utf8" LC_MEASUREMENT="es_US.utf8" LC_IDENTIFICATION="es_US.utf8" LC_ALL=