I have some experience with coding simple websites and while I am by no means a programmer, and I can often understand enough of scripts I find to repurpose them. Anyway, I’m having trouble getting started and I could some some help!
I have two seedboxes running ruTorrent from the same host (different servers though, if it matters) I would like to use rutorrent-stats (or something like it) to perform the following tasks:
- Query each slot at regular intervals (maybe every 12 hours) for the following values: A. Total amount uploaded. B. Total amount downloaded. C. Overall seed ratio
- Add each of the above values from both slots together.
- Save these values as text to a folder in the server's root-directory (doesn’t matter which slot).
- Using ImageMagick, save this text document as a “stats.png" in the server’s public www-directory.
- Each time the script runs, the last step would overwrite the image so values remain up-to-date.
This will allow me to display my stats use img src, an unchanging file-path, and it will always be current—particularly helpful in forums and message boards when only text and images can be used as my user signature
Can someone help? If this involves more work than I'm imagining it should, I'd be willing to hire someone to script it for me. If that is the case, send me an email.
I posted in this Stack because that’s where I found the ImageMagick post, but if StackOverflow would be a better place to ask, let me know!
Thanks in advance!