I like to use a tall terminal window on the right side of my monitor and I wonder if there's a nice way to divide it into even vertical thirds.

migrated from serverfault.com May 20 '16 at 10:06

This question came from our site for system and network administrators.


select-layout even-vertical Usually assigned to: C-b M-2

C-b means Control-b, and M-2 means alt+2.

  • 1
    Know how to get that to work from a terminal under Mac OS? option+2 sends ™ instead of alt+2 – cjm May 20 '16 at 20:50
  • @cjm: Preferences -> Profiles -> Keyboard and select "Use Option as Meta key". – abeboparebop Apr 5 '17 at 16:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.