Edit: GitHub issue report
I find it hard to change focus (either by keyboard, or automatically) from the sidebar to the contents view in Nemo 2.8.7 on Ubuntu 16.04. Nautilus does not have this problem.
I want to be able to navigate through folders quickly, by typing in starting characters of folders, using arrows and pressing enter/backspace, without having to use a mouse, or possibly any shortcut to switch the problematic focus on the sidebar.
How I can switch:
- using a mouse
- by switching between icon/list/compact views with a shortcut - control+1/2/3 (ridiculous)
- by opening the bookmarked folder in a new window - control+return (even more so)
- by opening the bookmarked folder in a new tab - shift+return, switching to the previous tab and back with alt+1 and alt+2 (...)
How I want to switch:
- at the first click/return key press on the sidebar.
- also with a shortcut (like tab), back and forth
What can be done about it?