Why this strange behavior is happening and how to fix it?
I have configured fallback Glagolitic font in fonts.conf:
<alias> <family>sans-serif</family> <prefer> ... <family>Noto Sans Glagolitic</family> ... </prefer> </family> </alias>
And this works as expected everywhere:
Except the firefox, which render chars in FreeSans for some reason. BUT if I set a font-weight to bold it's choose the right font:
This is make no sense because 'Noto Sans Glagolitic' is not a bold font but a regular one:
$ fc-cat | grep Glagol "NotoSansGlagolitic-Regular.ttf" 0 "Noto Sans Glagolitic: familylang=en:style=Regular:stylelang=en:fullname=Noto Sans Glagolitic: fullnamelang=en:slant=0:weight=80:width=100:...
It doesn't even have bold version! (It had tried to autobold it, but I have disabled this)