I have a frequent problem that occurs with window-based desktops like Cinnamon or XFCE, especially on multiple monitors.
I very often misread which Window has focus after Alt-Tab. So I will start typing, and it ends up in the wrong window.
Cinnamon has a number of options for the Alt-Tab:
- "Icons only",
- "Thumbnails only",
- "Icons and thumbnails",
- "Icons and window preview",
- "Window preview (no icons)",
- "Coverflow (3D)",
- "Timeline (3D)".
- Icons and/or thumbnails do not give enough feedback which is the new active window.
- Window preview is getting close to what I need, but it takes too long to start, and is visually too heavy.
- Coverflow and Timeline are far too heavy, and confuse more than they help.
I imagine a decent solution would be to somehow give the nono-active windows subtly different colors. And maybe show a "spotlight" jumping from one window to the next..
This might all better fit into a feature request. But someone knows an existing solution to the problem?
(Mint 17.1, 'Rebecca', Cinnamon 64-bit)