I am attempting to use tun2socks/badvpn to force all traffic through the tun device, but am having some issues. From wireshark, it appears that traffic is indeed going out properly, but not coming back in. By that, I mean that I can see an ACK from the target server, but it appears that that ACK isn't getting processed.
I also see in the badvpn command output that the reply is not successful, socks error. I am trying to run it again with a more verbose log level to see if it outputs anything useful.
- completely empty iptables ruleset, INPUT, OUTPUT, and FORWARD are all ACCEPT
- enabled ip forwarding for all interfaces and explicitly for the tun device as well as my workstation interfaces
- created tunnel device with ip 10.0.0.1
- setup tun2socks on 10.0.0.2 with a socks server of 127.0.0.1
- setup routes: a. route add 127.0.0.1 gw <192.168.1.1> metric 50 b. route add default gw 10.0.0.2 metric 75
Any ideas as to what I may be missing here?