using Debian testing, Xfce v4.12 here. My preferred PDF viewer, evince (or "document viewer" under Ubuntu? Don't know) keeps changing my print settings, even when I tell it not to:
- Open PDF, set number of pages per sheet to 2, print
- ~/.config/evince/print-settings is changed to reflect that
- next time I want to print one page per sheet I forget and document is printed with 2 pages per sheet
- sigh and print again with my "standard settings"
- tried to make ~/.config/evince/print-settings read-only (chmod 444), to no avail, permissions are set to 644 after printing
- chown'ed the file to root:root, but after next print it is reset to USER:GROUP. What's going on?
How do I prevent changes to this file, while still being able to use other settings every now and then?