I am running Windows 10 and am starting to learn how to boot from USB devices.
I have a 16GB USB (USB 3.0) drive and I want to do the following:
- Make the 16GB USB drive run Debian Linux.
- Keep Windows 10 on my C: drive.
- Not partition my hard drive or set up a dual boot.
- Run the OS from my USB drive.
- Let all of my files and programs be saved to the USB (so I don't think that a live OS would be suitable). It should work as though it was a dual boot as in the way files are saved.
- Make it work on any computer it is plugged in to (assuming the BIOS is compatible).
I already know how to boot from a USB in my BIOS but I am unsure as to where to get an ISO file and how to install it to the USB.