I was looking for something to replace Google Photos locally to help organize my photos.
I need to quickly browse image thumbnails and do basic edit operations like renaming, rotation and cropping, and Nomacs fit perfectly!
When you open a directory with:
you get thumbnails like this:
Double click on an image and it becomes big:
Then from there you can:
- Shift-T: back to thumbnails
- Left Right arrow keys: move to previous / next photo
- C: crop with mouse. Once done:
- Enter: apply the crop
- Esc: abort the crop
- Ctrl + Shift + S: save cropped image as a new file
- Ctrl + S: overwrite original file
- Ctrl + Z: undo edit
- R: rotate
- F2: rename
Here's what crop mode looks like for example:
It doesn't support videos unfortunately: https://github.com/nomacs/nomacs/issues/191
Tested in Ubuntu 19.04, nomacs 3.12.