I have a question about the installation of
wkhtmltopdf on Debian machines via the
So far, I've tested three environments, with different results, and I'd like to better understand the reasons why the outcome is never as expected.
- Laptop with Debian Jessie, simply installed through apt-get without any issue, with the latest
QT Patchedversion installed.
- Virtual Machine with Debian Jessie, simply installed through apt-get without any issue, with the latest version installed (not QT-patched)
- Raspberry with minibian (Jessie), simply installed through apt-get without any issue, some 0.9.4v installed.
Only the first one allows for the use of
xvfb and passing further arguments, both 2nd and 3rd have extremely limited options and the rendering is not quite perfect.
The questions are:
- what defines which version will be installed when using apt-get?
- why isn't the installation on the VM trying to fetch the qt-patched version (since both laptop and vm are virtually identical) ?