So I have a Ubuntu 14.04 server that I'm trying to get to run as a Domain Controller for a set of Windows machines.
I've set up a Bind9 DNS and it works fine, pinging the nameserver gives the correct IP:
However pinging the Netbios name gives
192.168.0.255 which is wrong, I saw a similar problem on the Unix and Linux stack exchange which said to run
nmblookup -U 192.168.0.3 -R 'NETBIOS_NAME'
192.168.0.255 Arc<00> 192.168.0.3 Arc<00> 192.168.1.1 Arc<00>
The last two records are correct, but the first... I don't even know why or how that got there. I have no idea where that record is, my only
WINS server is samba, but even if I set:
wins support = no
That entry (
.255) doesn't go away.