I can't get Discovery videos to play at all in Linux. For example, in Chromium version 47.0.2526.106:
chromium --incognito https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/final-season-sneak-peek/
- Verify that the video window is grey.
- Click on the grey shield icon in the URL field.
- Verify that a message pops up saying “This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources.”
- Press "Load unsafe scripts".
- Verify that the video window first displays “[Name of video] is currently unavailable.”
- Verify that the video window then changes to say “No video has been loaded. Error Code: PLAYER_ERR_NO_SRC”.
In Firefox 43.0.1:
firefox -no-remote --safe-mode https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/final-season-sneak-peek/
- Verify that after the page finishes loading the video window stays black.
I have installed the Flash plugin:
$ pacman --sync --search flashplugin extra/flashplugin 188.8.131.529-1 [installed] Adobe Flash Player multilib/lib32-flashplugin 184.108.40.2069-1 Adobe Flash Player for 32-bit Mozilla-based browsers
Is there any way to fix this? I'd use
youtube-dl as a workaround, but right now discovery.com download is failing.