I am trying to upgrade Centos-7 kernel (kernel-3.10) to (Kernel-4.2.6) and for that I downloaded kernel from kernel.org and create rpm for the custom configuration (arch x86_64)using "make rpm". Bellow packages were created:
but kernel-tools-xx.rpm and kernel-tools-libs-xx.rpm were not created. Here is what I did:
- Mounted centos-7-minimal.iso
- replaced kernel-3.10.xx.rpm with kernel-4.2.6.xx.rpm from /mnt/packages.
- kept kernel-tools-3.10.0-229.el7.x86_64.rpm and kernel-tools-libs-3.10.0-229.el7.x86_64.rpm as it is
- updated Packages/TRANS.TBL with new kernel package.
- created iso with xorriso as mkisofs command and installed Centos-7 while installing, faced error related to "anaconda.py. /mnt/sysimg no file or directory".
Do I need to update kernel-tools-xxx.rpm and kernel-tools-libs-xxx.rpm. if yes how can I build these files after "make rpm". Because these files are not release on centos-7 rpm repo so that I can use theme directly.