I have installed ibus language, below the desktop icon, it did show option to select chinese or english keyboard, however when i type it still show english letter only.
What should i do to type chinese characters in it?
OS: Linux Mint Language trying to type: Chinese
Update Steps I did:
- Went to 'Language Settings'
- Clicked 'Add Support for ibus' and installed the list packages
- Went to Startup Applications to add command as 'ibus-daemon'
- Went to Ibus Preferences, selected input method and added 'chinese - googlepyin'
- Selected the icon icon bar bottom right, and selected 'Chinese'
- Tested on libreoffice writer, but typed words still remain english letter. ( the chinese language is still selected)