I want to add 7GB (unallocated) to the extended partition SDA3, but when I go to "resize/move" I can't add any more space; those 7GB are only available to add to the NTFS parition (SDA2), which is from where I steal them. See the picture, I'm using GPARTED on liveCD:
- Move /dev/sda2 to the beginning of the unallocated space. optionally shrink /dev/sda2 at the same time.
- then move /dev/sda3 to immediately after /dev/sda2
- extend /dev/sda3 to take up the unallocated space
- then move /dev/sda6 to the end of the extended partition (/dev/sda3)
- and finally extend /dev/sda5.