- NFS server somehow disconnect
- NFS client detect server is disconnected
- client tries to reconnect
- server reappears and reconnect successfully
it seems that TCP keepalive, connection timeout is doing something but the default keepalive time, which I found in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ is 7200
so i thought tcp keepalive time is overridden by NFS
current problem is that when NFS client takes few minutes to detect server and showing message below, we'd like to shorten this time(No3 from above).
"nfs: server not responding, still trying"
we measured the polling time,
- 72sec （24sec+(24sec*2=48sec)）
- 16sec （72sec+(48sec*2=96sec)）
- 360sec （168sec+(96sec*2=192sec)）
- 660sec （+300sec）
- 960sec （+300sec）
24 -> 48 -> 96 -> 192 -> 300 -> 300
does anyone know where you can find this '300'? or is this because of some other issue rather than TCP keepalive time?