I use a socks5 proxy for daily Internet browsing to bypass Internet censors (actually it is a Windows application called freegate and I use it under Wine it doesn't need accounts or anything: it is free for China users). I use it on my both Linux laptops under Wine 1.6.2 and it was perfect until 3-4 days ago. Now, on one of them, I cannot watch YouTube videos anymore, YouTube gives me "an error occurred, please try again later" for every single video. freegate when first started generates an *.ini file that contains its configs. I even copied the ini file from the one that YouTube works but it didn't work.
Here are the things I have done to get YouTube working again but did not work:
- tried multiple browsers ex Chromium, Firefox, Google-chorme, Opera
- tried flashplayer & html5
- cleaned cache and cookies
- changing dns
- using the exact config on both pc
- deleting ~/.wine folder to let wine rebuild a fresh one
- installed unscd to clean dns cache!? and #/etc/init.d/unscd restart
- changing socks proxy port
- wait 3-4 days and hope it get fixed by itself
- rebooting the system
Please note that I use the same version, same config — one of them opens YouTube great but the other one gives me "an error occurred, please try again later" for every single video
any suggestions to fix this situation?