I'm having problems pinpointing the reason for this issue. I'm on Linux Mint with Cinnamon. Although the following happens only in Spotify, I have some other small issues that might have the same cause (e.g. Context menus and dropboxs opening in wrong screen).
I have Spotify open in one workspace. When I change to another worspace and back, Spotify starts to register click events incorrectly. More exactly, Spotify assumes the cursor is about one cm above where it really is. If I drag the window (with Alt+drag, or by clicking slightly under the apparent location of the title bar), the window will span to it's actual position and everything will work fine once more. Changing workspaces multiple times does not worsen the problem but the issue arises consistently when changing workspace.
- Tested with XFCE instead of cinnamon and it doesn't show the same issue.
- My laptop has a NVIDIA GM108M and an Intel Broadwell-U Integrated Graphics Card.
- Switching to non-hardware-accelerated cinnamon also prevents the problem, while disabling all animations et al.
- Switching to noveuau drivers did not help.
- Using the Intel integrated graphics card did not help