I have a raspberry 2 with a wifi interface and an ethernet interface. wifi is my main connection with the ability to just plug in the ethernet as a backup method. I want to assign different static address for each interface.
What I want is to be able :
- to boot with only the USB wifi connected on the first address
- to boot with only the ethernet connected on the second address
- to boot with both wifi and ethernet and be able to use both addresses
- to boot with only the wifi; then hotplug the ethernet and be able to use both addresses.
- when both wifi and Ethernet are connected, to be able to keep the other connection when one of them is down for a reason or anothe.
I couldn't manage to do this. If someone could help me I would be very thankful.
Here's my /etc/network/interfaces file :
auto lo iface lo inet loopback auto wlan0 #allow-hotplug wlan0 iface wlan0 inet static address 192.168.1.10 netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.1.1 wpa-ssid my-network wpa-bssid XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX wpa-psk xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx auto eth0 iface eth0 inet static address 192.168.1.20 netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.1.1