I would like a shared filesystem with offline access. I have two machines. One is a light laptop with a small amount of SSD storage that I carry with me. The other is a stay-at-home computer with much more storage. I want to be able to mount the home directory of my stay-at-home computer onto my laptop while I'm on my home network. I also want to have access to a subset of files while offline. The solution should have the following characteristics.
- A single consistent home directory shared between both computers
- The ability to work on either machine
- The directory structure of the laptop should remain visible when offline
- All files should be available to the laptop when on the network
- A subset of files should be available when offline
- Ability to remove files from local storage on the laptop without removing the original
Does something like this exist? Or does someone have an idea of how to implement it?