- I have an IP : 192.168.1.1
- username : root (or whatever)
- and a passwd: foo
Is there a way to give $PASSWD to ssh ? like
PASSWORD_VAR=$PASSWD ssh -l $USER $IP
- user can see the password,
- user must "land" on usual interactive shell session.
- somme package might be installed on desktop linux if need be.
reading ssh(1) give me no clues. such thing exists in window's world (e.g. Kitty), now I would like to do the same in unix (suse or unbuntu if that matter).
I know how to set up public/private key pair, but this is off topic.