Why did I experienced sound skipping while copying a big file from my USB key onto my computer's drive?
I monitored the system during this I/O operation:
- music was playing from Internet on the browser's flash player,
- CPU was about 75% iowait, 25% user/system time,
- system load was around 4 (on my dual core CPU),
- sound was skipping while data was written on my SSD (that is, for about 1 second every 5 seconds),
- I use the deadline I/O scheduler, pulseaudio and Linux kernel version 3.13.
I'm surprised because:
- playing sound from Internet shouldn't be influenced by disk I/O,
- the CPU was mostly waiting (iowait).
What's wrong then?