I have a Debian computer acting as a server at home. It has a dovecot+postfix mail server, an SSH server, an apache server, and everything you would expect from a do-everything server.
At home, it is connected via ethernet thanks to PLC. The PLC I bought was a cheap one, and occasionally, it stops working.
I'm very far from home (I'm in Africa right now, and my computer is in Europe), and the PLC just stopped working. My computer is behind a NAT, but I took care forwarding all ports to the ethernet connection that is now dead, and I'm left with the WiFi connection I didn't specifically forward any port to.
I'm looking for a way to connect to my computer, I forgot to forward a few ports through the WiFi connection before leaving, and strangely enough, the Apache server seems to answer all my requests: I can access to my WebSite. Right now, I'm mostly concerned with emails, because they were all coming to the ethernet connection, and now I'm afraid they'll be lost. I have
mosh installed if it can help.
Here is a little sum up/TL;DR:
- Computer: Debian testing acting as a server
- Connection: Ethernet + WiFi
- NAT settings: Forwards a lot of TCP ports to Ethernet, none to WiFi
- Issue: Ethernet stopped working, so I'm only left with WiFi
- Additional informations: The Apache server seems to answer requests, also there is no specific port forwarding. I have a digital ocean server, and I can modify my dns records to forward anything to this specific server.
- Question: How could I establish a connection to my computer? Or at least, how would I go saving all emails to another server
nmap tcp scan report:
Not shown: 984 filtered ports PORT STATE SERVICE 21/tcp open ftp 80/tcp open http 554/tcp open rtsp 1720/tcp open H.323/Q.931 6000/tcp closed X11 6001/tcp closed X11:1 6002/tcp closed X11:2 6003/tcp closed X11:3 6004/tcp closed X11:4 6005/tcp closed X11:5 6006/tcp closed X11:6 6007/tcp closed X11:7 6009/tcp closed X11:9 6025/tcp closed x11 6059/tcp closed X11:59 7070/tcp open realserver
nmap udp scan report:
Not shown: 991 filtered ports PORT STATE SERVICE 53/udp open|filtered domain 67/udp open|filtered dhcps 68/udp open|filtered dhcpc 80/udp open|filtered http 137/udp open|filtered netbios-ns 514/udp open|filtered syslog 520/udp closed route 1234/udp open|filtered search-agent 1434/udp open|filtered ms-sql-m