I try to investigate a problem: Depending on the way I launch
gnome-terminal, the window may or may not be responsive to keyboard events.
The cause of the problem may reside in Aterm, Fluxbox, or Ubuntu 14.04: I'm searching a general linux way to investigate my problem.
In my fluxbox
keys file I have a line:
Mod4 C :Exec aterm
This creates a keyboard short-cut for the combination SuperC that launches
aterm windows that is created is (19 times out of 20) unresponsive to keyboard events: I cannot use the command line, no character is input, and also I cannot get contextual menu for the window with AltSpace whereas I can with right click button. As if no XWindow keyboard message could reach this window.
Same problem if I launch
aterm from a
But I never have the problem if I launch
aterm from an
What is strange:
- There's no problem with xterm. If I launch
xtermby the keyboard shortcut or by guake: the xterm windows is naturally receiving keyboard events and works just like expected.
- aterm was working perfectly with the system Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 12.10 and Ubuntu 13.10
- the aterm version and the fluxbox version is the same between Ubuntu 13.10 and 14.04 (where I have the problem): aterm 1.00.01 and fluxbox 1.3.5
I have no idea how to investigate the problem, where to start ?
- what verbose logs should I check ?
- what app could I use to give me an hint on what goes wrong ?
- how to find if it is an xwindow, fluxbox, aterm, or ubuntu bug/problem ?
(As a side note, I want/would like to keep using aterm, because of its native support for transparency)