To reference a few more tools.
Command line tool, packaged in most distributions, is able to show the I/O without root privileges but only for your processes.
htop(1), you'll find an interface similar to
- hit F2 to enter the configuration
- use ↓ to select "Columns"
- use → to select "Available Columns"
- use ↓ / ↑ to select the I/O informations you want (ie: IO_READ_RATE, IO_WRITE_RATE, IO_RATE) and F5 to add them to the "Active Columns"
- save with F10
- use < / > to select the I/O column to affect the sort order
Command line tool with a web mode, not widely packaged but easy to install (ie:
pip install glances).
Web interface, can be run without root privileges, not yet packaged (require compilation).