I have recently acquired my first VPS to run a mysql server for my minecraft server, I have setup MariaDB, it's using the default settings at present.
I tested it last night with one plugin (GriefPrevention v7.8) to see if it was even possible to use remotely, it worked, but checking out
htop there are tens of mysql processes now! I only briefly tested the plugin with this VPS mysql server, are these open connections that were not closed?
I tried restarting mysql but that didn't stop them. I also Have a web interface that runs on the VPS box that pulls information into a web UI, but I haven't advertised the URL of the VPS so it shouldn't be loading.
- How can I see what's causing these?
- I presume at this rate, they will all just build up and crash the server?
- How can I limit these, should I?
- Should I create a new user for each plugin to access the database remotely when I push them live to use it?
- Why are these "connections" still open, when the plugin isn't in use and I have restarted mysql?