Recently I installed ChakraOS based on Arch with KDE and I cannot switch layout. Neither graphically, nor from cli. The strange thing is that I can switch to spanish with various other distributions like (?)ubuntu, arch linux, fedora, mint, debian, sabayon, so it certainly isn't a hardware related problem.
- I add Spanish layout (with the Spanish flag) setting a proper shortcut key.
- Cannot change layout to Spanish, not even when I click the Spanish flag in the system tray icon.
- I remove English, so the only layout is Spanish. Now, I can write in Spanish.
- I add English (not switching yet) and then I can continue writing in Spanish.
- I switch to English and then the English layout "locks" and cannot switch back to Spanish.
I have consulted this question:
xkb-switch -n xkblayout-state set +1
How should I find out what is the cause of this problem?