I am trying to compile usb_serial drivers for a Mirabox with armada 370.
I first tried as followes :
- Install linux source for 3.2 (running kernel is 3.2.36)
- Install linux headers for 3.2
- Edit the makefiles, version = 3, patchlevel = 2, subversion was 0, i edited it to 36.
- I copyied the files from linux-headers-3.2.0-4-common to linux-headers-18.104.22.168
- Then I copyied the usb-serial.c, options.c, qcserial.c, and serial.h, and usb_wwan.c to a subdirectory in linux-headers-3.2.0-4. Subdirectory is drivers/usb/serial
- The makefile already exists there
- I now cd to the linux-source-3.2, and run
make oldconfig, followed my
make scripts, and finally
- Then I come back to the header directory, and run
However, I am being greeted with the message, that include/generated/autoconf.h or include/linux/auto.conf does not exist.
So I checked, the first exists, the later does not.
How can I get auto.conf to exist? Should I copy it form somewhere? The header files specially in a ffolder called linux-headers-3.2.0-4-omap has this.
PS : build essencials, automake, etc already installed. Seemingly, autocong should be generated in a compilation step. which one?