I installed Arch linux (I have reinstalled it a couple of times, actually, in the past 3 months, just to get to know it better).
My problem is, that I have 4GB RAM, and as soon as my free RAM hits 1GB (I have 3837MB RAM) and as soon as it hits exactly 1GB (like per MB, for example 2837MB and above) of free memory, my system starts to lag out. It becomes unresponsive for several minutes. As soon as I get it back above 1GB of free RAM, it suddenly becomes super responsive.
It doesnt matter what programs I have opened. Problem happens even on a clean install.
- Arch linux (64BIT) the latest version
- Have laptop Acer E1-572
- Ram DDR3 1GB (one stick, but have place for 2)
What I have tried:
- checked physical ram condition (ram is fully working)
- tried another ram from the store (the same problem)
- changed swappiness to 1 and then 0 (the same result)
I cant figure out what the problem is.
Like, 1GB should be plenty of space, right?