I installed PinguyOS on a friends computer. This computer is now displaying the following strange behaviour:
- Unable to set custom network. There seems to be only a provision for DHCP based networking.
- While custom network was set using
/etc/network/interfacesusing a fixed IP address, gateway and netmask, the network monitor shows data inflow and outflow, but
ping www.google.comresults in
Unable to resolve www.google.com
- It was verified that the IP address was working with the Internet functioning, on another computer (No! Two computers are not using the same IP address, I am just changing cables.).
- The IP address was pinged and was found that one can ping from one computer to the computer having PinguyOS. It was also possible to ping the internal IPs from this computer.
- All settings for IP address, netmask, gateway and DNS servers were checked and rechecked again.
What could be the problem?