On my KMS host I installed a windows server 2012 guest a few months ago. The VM runs raw using IDE (HDD). I would like to improve the performance by using virtio.
I performed these actions:
- shutdown the VM
- edit the XML config file
replace the disk tag by:
<disk type='file' device='disk'> <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='none' io='native'/> <source file='/var/lib/libvirt/images/myvm.img'/> <target dev='vda' bus='virtio'/> </disk>
save the XML config file
- restart the VM with virt-manager
- I have a BSOD and the vm auto reboot
- Auto repair started, asking my keyboard language
- two options: repair or stop the PC
- I tried both but always BSOD after boot.
What is missing in my procedure?