I have a Plantronics 590 bluetooth headset (the type probably does not matter, but I have no alternative to test).
Using the old 3.02 I was able to use this via pulseaudio. With the current 3.11-amd64 kernel this does no longer work.
I am still able to pair and to connect to the headset, using HSP profile.
I get a "beep" on the headset to confirm connection.
Unfortunataly there is neither input nor output in pulseaudio
(with the old kernel
pavucontrol shot the headset).
This is most likely related to the kernel or a module.
I am using debian testing (jessie).
- The current version of linux-image-amd64 is 3.13+56
- The current version of bluez is 4.101-4.1
- The current version of pulseaudio and pulseaudio-module-bluetooth is 5.0-2
- The current version of alsa-base is 1.0.25+3
I also tried debian stable (wheezy), 32bit, not working, but different:
I can connect the device, it appears in
pavucontrol but sound does not work.
- The current version of linux-image-686-pae is 3.2+46
- The current version of bluez is 4.99-2
- The current version of pulseaudio and pulseaudio-module-bluetooth is 2.0-6.1
- The current version of alsa-base is 1.0.25+3~deb7u1