- Dial-up is the only option for this computer
- Gave up on the internal modem last week; now using an external USB modem.
- I finally have the computer talking to the internet.
- HOWEVER, after 1-5 minutes, the connection gets dropped (or something) for no apparent reason.
- It reconnects right away.
- Additional fact: it seems to be going very slow, even for dial up.
- I don't even know where to look to find a log beyond the Gnome-PPP update window thing for clues.
- Any idea about what's going on?
- Any help about were to look for clues?