- I have a one disk, no RAID, no LVM system based on Debian Squeeze (my old system).
- I created a RAID array (RAID 5, 4 HDDs) with
mdadm(my new system).
- I installed LVM2 on the new system and created several LVs.
- I migrated the folders (/,/boot,/home,/var/,/tmp,/usr) of the old system in the respective LVs (lv_root,lv_boot,lv_home,lv_var,lv_tmp,lv_usr) by using
- Note that my
bootis in LVM, not outside.
How do I proceed for the following tasks (I didn't find any good tutorials for my level of knowledge):
- Once the RAID array is created, how can I build a
mdadm.conffile on the new system?
- How can I create a
fstabfile on the new system
- How can I install Grub2 in
/bootand configure the four disks in order to boot from any?
After these tasks, I should be able to shutdown my machine, remove the HDD with the old system, restart the machine and the new system should boot.