I recently noticed 2 features in Fish and was wondering if anyone knew if these were also available in Bash?
- You'll quickly notice that fish performs syntax highlighting as you type. Invalid commands are colored red by default:
- A command may be invalid because it does not exist, or refers to a file that you cannot execute. When the command becomes valid, it is shown in a different color
- fish will underline valid file paths as you type them
- This tells you that there exists a file that starts with 'somefi', which is useful feedback as you type.
- fish suggests commands as you type, and shows the suggestion to the right of the cursor, in gray.
- It knows about paths and options
- To accept the autosuggestion, hit right arrow or Control-F. If the autosuggestion is not what you want, just ignore it.